Would you like to win a £10 amazon voucher?
Participate in our weekly science challenge and at the end of the competition one student from year 7 and 8 will be awarded a £10 Amazon voucher.
First challenge is an easy one to get you all started.
Challenge one: Tornado in a bottle
You will need: Water, a clear plastic bottle, glitter and washing up liquid.
What do you need to do?
1. Fill the plastic bottle with water until it reaches around three quarters full.
2. Add a few drops of washing up liquid.
3. Sprinkle in a few pinches of glitter (this will make your tornado easier to see) and put the lid on tightly.
4. Turn the bottle upside down and hold it by the neck. Quickly spin the bottle in a circular motion for a few seconds. Stop and look inside to see if you can see a mini tornado forming in the water.
5. (You might need to try it a few times to get it working properly).
You can also try the same set up with two bottles taped together, watch the video here.
Share how you get on by emailing email@example.com and we shall pick a winner!