Careers and work experience
Welcome to information about how we encourage our students to think about their future careers.
Through out the school year we run a very active careers programme, giving students plenty of opportunities to begin the process of thinking through where they may want to work and the steps they will need to take to achieve this goal.
Overall, our aims and objectives are to provide high quality careers advice to all students - including support to our high achieving students - which is developed through their time at school and is supportive of their aspirations, strengths and skills.
We aim to:
- prepare students for the transition to life beyond secondary school (A-Levels, higher education and the workplace)
- support students in making informed decisions that are suitable and appropriate for them.
- provide students with well-rounded experiences.
- develop characteristics (e.g. social skills, communication, innovation, resilience and leadership which support high achieving students in the curriculum and their careers).
- inspire and motivate students to develop their aspirations.
Our careers programme is designed around the Gatsby benchmarks which are the 8 key criteria that a school’s career provision must provide students with. These are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
National Careers Service
If you are looking for information about careers the National Careers Service provides a lot of information and resources. You can find out more here.
Direct links to:
Careers programme (delivery of which is subject to any Covid-19 social distancing restrictions which may arise)